Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our Financial Platforms team. In this role you will design and build new features and improvements to the Balances and Settlements system, as well as our Institutional Transfer Service. These systems allow Affirm to keep a tight relationship with financial institutions using industry-level standards, as well as to manage financial risk with its merchants.
What you'll do
- Partner with Product managers on building streamlined batch tasks and beautiful APIs to keep funds moving to the right place
- Develop a deep understanding of the funds flows in financial services
- Build relationships and engage with management and coworkers across the USA and Europe
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build financial products and perform financial transactions at Affirm
- On-Call Rotation - There would be an on-call rotation for this role as a requirement.
What we look for
- 2-6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Fluency in JVM-related back end development
- Familiarity with SQL and Linux-based environments is a must
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Nice to have
- Familiarity with Kotlin, AWS, and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Dagger framework
- Prior experience in the financial industry
- React framework
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Pay Grade - ESP29
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
ESP base pay range per year:
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.