FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
To provide an outstanding customer experience both at Farfetch.com and across the Farfetch Platform, you will help us build state-of-the-art fraud prevention technology.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is motivated to build event-driven applications using top-notch technology. You will work in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can't miss.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and maintain microservices in an event-driven architecture, relying on concepts from both objected-oriented and functional programming paradigms;
- Contribute to the architecture design of new and existing systems;
- Mentor junior engineers and foster a growth culture;
- Collaborate to ensure high-quality delivery, considering scalability, availability, maintainability and resilience;
- Work with JVM languages, .NET Core, Kafka, K8S, REST APIs and NoSQL Databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis;
- Contribute to a fully fledged continuous integration and deployment environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Proficient in high-level programming languages such as Java, Kotlin or C#;
- Comfortable following software engineering best practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration, and testing;
- Experienced in building containerised data-intensive applications that are fault-tolerant, reliable and scalable;
- Quality advocate, experienced with unit testing frameworks and automation of tests;
- Knowledgeable of service-oriented event-driven architectures;
- Comfortable in working with Agile methodologies;
- Experienced with relational and non-relational databases;
- Experience with on-call duties is a plus;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.